Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Observations

I want a glass of wine.

My thighs are getting thick again.

My energy levels keep changing.

I can feel my baby move every day. I'm starting to get a "cute" belly. There's only 22 more days until I know if it's a boy or a girl.

We cannot, for the life of us, agree on a "C" name for a boy. It's not that I really want something Chuck doesn't or vice versa... we just can't find a name that meets our criteria. We want a name we like (duh), one that's a bit unusual (to compliment Eden's name), one with a pleasing meaning, and one that will have a nice nickname. The one's we like right now, all have one of these criteria missing.

Caden - great meaning and nickname, but... sounds a lot like Eden, maybe too much - has become VERY popular

Caleb - great meaning, but... it's fairly common - there's a Caleb in our past that colors the name

Camden - not sure about "Cam" - "from the winding valley" isn't a very inspiring meaning

Collier - nice southern sounding ring to it, but- "Col"? - "coal miner" is awful

2 comments:

Just His Best said...

Ooh, please share why you are picking a "C" name. We're still stuck even after spending an evening at Barnes & Noble reading baby name books. I love the ones you suggested for me. Unfortunately, they are all names that have been taken recently by family and friends. Any more names you're willing to give up?

Sara said...

When Chuck and I married and began talking kids, he mentioned that our boy would be a fourth: Charles Calvin Upshaw IV. I thought that was a bit much... and Calvin means "bald," not a trait Chuck enjoys about the men in his family. We compromised that Charles would become the middle name and we would pick a first name starting with "C" to make the monogram the same.