Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Name Dilemma Continued

The excitement is building to a ridiculous level as we get closer, day by day, to knowing the sex of our baby. I don't think I was even this excited the first time. I'm getting stronger and stronger boy feelings. In fact, when looking at baby names yesterday (Chuck was on call and I was bored without him, although I don't really need much excuse to look at baby names) I completely lost interest within minutes of calling up a name list for girls. I already have two names picked out that I really like, but I'm becoming unenamored with them, so I thought I'd reopen the subject. Nope, just not interested... and girl's names are usually my favorite to look at.
I think God took it one step further with me last night as far as boy's names are concerned.  You'll remember He had spoken to me a week ago about not limiting my choices by coolness factor.  Well, there's been another constant limitation as we've searched names; that it must begin with "C."  Now, I don't have a problem looking outside of "C" names, but it is a limitation that I agreed to a long time ago so that our son's initials would be the same as his daddy's.  God's going to have to speak similarly to Chuck if we're going to expand the field to include any name.  I decided to just go back to what was most important to me about my child's name, the meaning.  I really love that Eden's name is of Hebrew origin, so I looked at boy names of Hebrew origin to see if anything jumped out at me.  I got so inspired and found several names that I really like that also have great meanings, acceptable nicknames, are not too "weird," and compliment Eden's name.  It's like all the other stuff fell into place when I started with different priorities.
If nothing else, this has been a learning experience that will help me continue to listen for God's input, even on seemingly insignificant things.  It's also a confirmation that He still speaks to me and enjoys discussing whatever it is that's on my mind.  

No comments: