Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Good Kind of Stumble

When I was preggers with Eden, I used Mustella belly cream to prevent stretch marks. My cousin used it and swears by it. They say stretch marks can't be prevented and that they're genetic, but my cousin's mom and sister both have them and she does not. She totally attributes this to the Mustella and told me when I got pregnant that I MUST use it. It's not cheap stuff, but we sprung for the $36 price tag and, lo and behold, no stretch marks. I didn't really expect to have any because my mom doesn't, but it was nice to buy some insurance. This time around, I bought Curell from the drug store. This past week though, as my belly has begun to grow, both Chuck and I have grown a bit nervous. We didn't really want to spend the $36 again, but we just can't be sure that it didn't help last time. If I could pay $36 for a complete guarantee of no stretch marks, I sure would. We've been toying with the idea of buying another tube, but hadn't really decided yet.
The decision was made for me when, today, in Bath and Body Works in the mall, I stumbled on the best sale ever! This particular location is a test location for new products and they happen to carry the Mustella line of mom and baby products. I actually went into the store, not because of the sale signs, but to spray some of Mustella's lovely delicate children's perfume on Eden. I love the way it smells and it's fun to surprise her with a spritz. The whole wall of Mustella products was gone. It had been put into bins marked at 75% off! I got three tubes of diaper rash cream (to my horror, I found out this morning that Arbonne no longer makes their baby line which sold the ONLY diaper cream that works for Eden), and a tube of the stretch mark cream. I also got a couple of hair products and a super-yummy strawberry lemonade body scrub, all for less than the price of the stretch mark cream alone! Yea for sales!

2 comments:

JD said...

Sara, I am sure you already figured this out - but the Arbonne diaper rash cream is still available, no plans of discontinuing... you can order online at www.jendunham.myarbonne.com or through whatever means you have ordered in the past.
Still - good to hear of the sale purchases ;)

Sara said...

My husband figured it out for me that evening and I am very, very happy that the ABC line is still around. I am a consultant myself, just a non-active one. Good luck with your business.