Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And the Award Goes To...

We have a winner! I never had that ribbon made, but if I had, I would have given it to the cashier at Sally's Beauty Supply. She was the first to ask about me being pregnant. As I was checking out, she asked if I wanted to try their brand new pedicure skin-slougher-off-ers for just a dollar. I declined. She then put her hands out like she was going to tickle me or like she was squeezing something imaginary in the air space just in front of my belly and squealed, "OOOooooh! Is there a bun in there?" It took me just a second to transition from foot scraper to baby in utero, but after blinking a couple of times, I figured out what she was asking and confirmed her suspicions. She acted like she was a girlfriend of mine and got so excited. She smiled, squealed some more and clapped her hands. Awkward... I thanked her for my purchase and left.

No comments: