Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Glimpse



We have a heartbeat! When I went in to the OB yesterday, they decided to go ahead and start with an ultrasound. I was going to have to wait two more weeks and I got to see my sweet baby early! He/she is measuring 7 weeks 1 day with strong heart rate of 140. It was amazing to hear that ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk that we weren't able to hear a few short months ago.

My doctor did decide to put me on progesterone and she told me to take it as easy as possible over the next couple of weeks until my next appointment. We just kept the original appointment, since it's two weeks out and they want to do a follow-up visit to see if the progesterone has affected anything. My husband just finished up all the laundry yesterday, so that's a relief and he also did the grocery shopping for me, which I was concerned about (lifting weighty bags). Eden's walking quite a bit now, so that's really helpful. I wouldn't want to be carrying over 20 lbs. regularly throughout the day. I don't have any pressing concerns that wouldn't allow me to take it easy and a friend has even offered to take Eden for an afternoon anytime.

I'm still struggling monumentally with trust. I have, in the past, had no problem speaking what I knew was God's will for me, but I'm questioning myself, and Him all the time now. This doesn't really carry over to other areas of my life or relationship with Him. It's only this ground that feels shaky. I just need to get in His presence every day so I can take some time to stand on holy ground.

1 comment:

gifton said...

Yay! I'm so glad your appointment went well and you were able to hear that sweet heartbeat. You are in my prayers daily. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. I believe that for you and for me right now as we wrestle with our fear. I was reading the scripture about a virtuous woman and one line really stuck with me... "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."
I pray that joy is in your heart for the days to come.
Love you girl!