Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today's Appointment

I had my 10 week appt. today! The doc decided to try to listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler instead of depending on an ultrasound. I got just a TAAAAD nervous after letting her try to find it for about 30 seconds. She could tell and tried to head it off at the pass by assuring me that it's hard to find sometimes when they are that itty bitty. I told her I remembered from last time, which I did. She did find that sweet ka-chunk, ka-chunk finally and told me the heart rate was 170, which is great! She mentioned the old wives tale about a high heart rate meaning it's a girl and a low heart rate meaning it's a boy. Eden's heart rate was always in the higher range... We'll see in about 8 weeks. I've made my next three appointments, one in 3 weeks, one in 6 weeks and one in 8 weeks. That's the big ultrasound date. I'll be 18 1/2 weeks and crossing my fingers that baby cooperates and isn't too modest.

No comments: