Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things Are Looking Up

I have felt very much better in the last few days. I still get tired and I still get that yucky feeling in my stomach from time to time, but, generally, it's much improved. For instance, today, I went to Bible study at 9am and then to lunch at the park with those same girls. Eden and I walked around the park (staying on the sidewalk or grass because I was totally freaked out at the thought of her getting into the sand on the playground and then getting it in her eyes, mouth, clothing and carseat) and then we went to Kohl's on the way home. So I was awake at 6am, began activities at 8am and just sat down at home to rest a bit at 2pm. That's huge! Eden and I both did very well for not having our morning naps. She's sleeping soundly now, but I still feel alert... just kinda sore from the waist down.
One of the girls in Bible study today noticed that I have a little bump now. That was fun. I know to someone who doesn't know what I looked like a couple months ago and doesn't know I'm pregnant I just look like I have a leftover pooch, so it was nice for someone to acknowledge it as a baby bump.
I've also been better at focusing on God and worshiping Him instead of focusing on worry. The days and weeks still seem to go slowly as I wait to pass my first trimester, but I'm more care-free as I continue to demand my spirit to submit to the One Who can take care of me best. Chuck and I listened to a message on worry by Andy Stanley and I really liked one point he made. He said worry is misplaced devotion. We worry about things that are important to us. If we redirect our devotion to our Creator, the He can work in us and through us AND, as an added bonus, we do not worry. He made the distinction that redirecting our devotion does not belittle the importance of the things we worry about, it just acknowledges that the only One Who can really take care of it and us is God.

No comments: