Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sweets Attack

Craving for this week: chocolate cake

I didn't start craving sweets until around my third trimester last time, if I remember correctly. Don't get me wrong, I like a dessert, but I just don't crave sweets often. I thought it would be dangerous for me to have chocolates in the house, but it's actually kind-of a good thing. I don't eat but one per instance and the only instances I eat one are when I get that really strong craving for something sweet, maybe once every few days. I've had this small box of Dove chocolate caramels for over a month now and I've still got a couple left. I really, really, really wanted (and still do) a brownie from Chick-fil-a today, but I just got the combo. I indulged in a lemonade and the sour and sweet combo was just the ticket.
I am having some random cravings for peanuts. A couple of days ago, I woke up from my morning nap needing peanuts immediately. I went to the kitchen and poured four or five into my hand and ate them all in one bite. While they were going into my mouth, I was compelled to pour a handful from the jar. Four or five wasn't going to cut it. Today, I just HAD to have some peanut butter and jelly on a couple of crackers before lunch. It was an absolute necessity!

Update on the spotting: I have stopped. Whether it was the progesterone or not, I have no idea, and neither will my OB I suspect. I'll just give God the credit. I have to say, it's certainly renews my confidence. It's so much easier to trust God when things seem to be going right. Funny, isn't it? I hope I can teach my daughter to be strong enough to trust God in EVERYTHING. I want her to be totally committed and sold out. Guess Mommy needs to work towards that, too.

No comments: