Monday, March 30, 2009

Little Ones to Him Belong

Well, I'm seeing the OB tomorrow. I called because I've had some spotting for a couple days. What's going on is within the realm of "normal" and I don't have any cramps or anything like that. I really wouldn't have bothered to call because I thought all they could really do is a blood test to tell me what my "levels" were and that would indicate whether or not the pregnancy was on track. I thought it was just a "Your levels are good" or "Your levels are low, so good luck" type thing. I figured I didn't need to pay someone just for that.
But, I talked to a friend of mine on the phone this afternoon and she mentioned that a friend of hers was spotting, went in, and they put her on progesterone because that level was particularly low and you need a certain amount to support a pregnancy. Since there may be something proactive that the OB would do in my situation (and I won't know unless I go) I decided to call and get an appointment.
I'm really being doubly attacked by fear this time. It's amazing what life experiences can bring to the table when it comes to the ease or lack thereof with which one can trust God. It's easier to question when you've had a bad experience. It's easier to give up on asking Him for things or claiming His will for your life when you've had a bad experience. This is all obvious to most people reading this, but I've been so blessed all my life and my faith hasn't been truly tested or taken to it's limits. I've been sheltered and, let's face it, I'm still very naive.
I refuse to let experience be the guidepost for my faith. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, not the result of the experiences of your life. I'm still trusting. I'm still hoping in God. I'm singing "Jesus Loves Me" because if I know nothing else, "this I know."

No comments: