Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crying Over Spilt Milk

Oh boy. It has begun. I cried at a sappy country song in the car yesterday. I couldn't help myself. I wasn't even listening that closely and I just teared up and overflowed. At least I was almost home and not on the highway or something. Hormones can be dangerous!
I remember a couple of instances from when I was pregnant with Eden where my hormones were out of control and I'm sure I'll rack up a few more stories from this pregnancy.

In our carraige house in Augusta we would hang out in the living room downstairs until bedtime and then head upstairs to bed. It was dark and Chuck turned off all the lights on his way to the stairs. I was in the far corner of the room and so had to walk through the room to get to the stairs. I stopped to wait for my eyes to adjust and realized that I didn't hear him on the stairs. You must understand that he likes to try to startle me and also that I am not easily startled. Now, I knew he had hidden and was going to jump out at me. I wasn't sure if he was behind a chair or around a corner or what, but I was totally aware that he was hiding. I wasn't about to walk to the stairs so I just waited. I think I may have taken a step or two and then he jumped out.
I BURST into tears. I mean, uncontrollable sobbing crying. Then I started laughing at my crying and so doing both at the same time. I guess all the adrenaline that had built up for those few seconds of anticipation manifested in a gush of tears. It was a really weird feeling to have such an uncontrollable reaction.

The second memory doesn't take as much explaining. I cried during Transformers. Ridiculous. I cried for a robot. Transformers II is coming out soon... watch out.

No comments: