Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Easter

No more bleeding as of late. Lots of painful stretchy feelings when I walk and definitely more fullness and general tiredness to report. I'm not really having to nap now, but I am having to take some time to put my feet up and relax. I'm also finding that if I don't eat snacks in between meals, I have a really hard time keeping my energy up and start to feel sick. My next appointment is on Wednesday and I'm very excited to see my baby again and to see what the doctor says about whether or not I need to stay on progesterone. I think it's making my face break out more than usual and there are a few other side-effects I'm noticing that might be tmi, so I won't bother sharing. I'll be glad to stop using the pills when I get the all-clear.
We had a wonderful Easter brunch today at a beautiful bed and breakfast here in Jackson. They had an amazing spread with lamb, turkey, ham, salmon, salads, waffles, omelets, various southern veggies and a dessert bar. Mmmm. I really couldn't take advantage of everything I wanted to, which was a disappointment. Like, I wanted some shrimp cocktail, but I'm having a hard time enjoying seafood lately. I tried the soy glazed salmon, and it was good, but I just couldn't fully enjoy it. It's also just a little bit harder to focus on the yumminess of the food on your own plate when you have a curiously picky 15 month old you are also trying to feed. I thought she would gorge herself on all the choices, but she refused the broccoli (a known favorite at home), the mac and cheese, only nibbled on the cheese omelet... *shrug*.
It's been really nice to have my parents here all weekend. As soon as they left this afternoon, I realized that I had to entertain Eden again. It was sweet to be able to get up this morning fix Eden breakfast and then not think about her again as I took a shower got dressed, curled my hair etc. They entertained her the whole time. Of course, they can't really help it. They can't get enough of her and everything she does is awe-inspiring. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate all her sweet little baby-talk sounds, her funny wobbly walking accomplishments, and her general cuteness, but they only get three days to take it all in, so everything is huge! It's fun to see everything through grandparent eyes for a little while... and to see them act like fools if it means a smile from her.
That's all for now.

No comments: