Saturday, October 31, 2009

First Photos

I have been planning for a while what I want the first professional photos of Arielle to look like. The photos we take will be the ones used for her birth announcement, which will also be an insert in my Christmas letter... oh yeah, still have to write that. I've got time, right? (eek)
I bought the fabric a while ago and had a vision for a longish skirt attached to a onesie to make it comfy for her and easy to get on and off. I wanted a longer skirt because it's going to bug me if she's on her back for a photo with a regular length dress and has her legs curled up so that all you see is the inside of the dress because it's all bunched around her torso. I figured with a longer dress, that wouldn't happen. It's only a theory. We'll soon see. Soon, as in, between now and 6 weeks from now... which isn't really very soon.

I want to make a matching ruffle-y tie-back top for Eden, but I don't know if that will get finished or not. All the pattern pieces are cut. It's the next thing on my list of sewing to-do's. Once again, we'll see. I'm VERY proud to show you the finished product for Arielle. I did it all tonight and couldn't wait to post it for show and tell.
Here it is in all its glory!









I used the pattern from Whimsy Couture's Etsy shop for a tiered ruffle dress. It's the second pattern of hers I've used (the first was her peasant dress pattern for Eden and Arielle's Christmas dresses) and they have both turned out great!

No comments: