Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Let's Party!

My baby shower is this Sunday! I'm very grateful to the girls that have organized it for me and I'm pretty giddy about cake and other goodies and celebrating what may be my last child's impending arrival. And parties are just fun. I need to take Page Hughes' advice (speaker last week at MOPS) and start planning more myself... after I get a handle on being Mommy to a 2 year-old and an infant.
Only a little over a month to go and Arielle will no longer be causing my belly to itch, my feet and hands to swell and my gastrointestinal tract to.... well, have issues. I think I'm the least nervous about the actual birth. I'm more nervous about trying again to breast feed and also just managing the day to day stuff with two. It's definitely a concern based on just plain not knowing what it will be like or how well I'm equipped to handle it. I know God's got it (if I just give it to Him), but my emotions often get the best of me anyway.
I'm not really motivated/organized enough right now with one to cook, clean and do other wifely things and still keep her satisfied without depending greatly on the TV. Actually, I don't really have that option because if I tried to sit her down in front of it and walk away to be productive, she would be into something the minute my back was turned. The point is, will we even have clean clothes to wear after Arielle arrives? Will we eat any home-cooked meals? Will I ever shave again? *shudder*
I know it's all possible. I've seen it. For the challenged moms like me, though, I can understand a need for something like Mother's Morning Out. I'm going to be looking into that starting January. Of course, I'll still have the Y to take a break from the babies while burning off that baby fat, but that doesn't clean my house. Maybe I can organize a house-cleaning baby drop-off schedule where at certain times of the week friends drop their baby off at another's house, go clean for a couple hours and then come pick them up. I would be tempted to go home and sit in my tub or take a shower... but that's cleaning, right? :)
If you are inclined to, lift me up in prayer. I need God's help to get this housekeeping thing down and I'll need some extra supernatural intervention to figure it out with two.

No comments: