Friday, October 16, 2009

Doctor's Visit: 34 weeks

Another uneventful OB appointment. (That's a great thing.) Arielle's heartbeat was 160 and Eden was talking about it the whole time we were in the office and for the rest of the day that day and even some the next day. She says "hah-bee? hah-bee?" anytime I talk about "baby Arielle" or "the baby in Mommy's tummy" or even "being a big sister."
The OB did the group-B strep swab on me and, while it was available, she decided to check my cervix... without telling me. I was just chatting away with her when I suddenly realized that there was something uncomfortable happening. I asked her if she was checking my cervix and she said nonchalantly "I just thought I would really quickly." I told her I'd prefer she not in the future, at least not without telling me. She said she wanted to check to make sure that my Braxton Hicks haven't been doing anything significant. I can understand that, but I do wish she hadn't told me I was 1 cm. Now, even though I KNOW that it means NOTHING, I'm still struggling to keep my hopes of Arielle coming early (just a little early) in check. Women can be dilated for weeks with no change. It indicates NOTHING. nothing nothing nothing nothing... sigh.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

I'm so, so glad everything is going well. It's raining today and I'm just down in the dumps that Whitaker still hasn't arrived. I've had my membranes stripped and taken herbs today to see if that jumpstarted something...but no,
nothing. :(