Monday, August 31, 2009

Our (Other) Photographer

Of course, the main photographer of our family is the family photographer, my mom.  Circumstances being what they are for the birth of Arielle, we needed another option if I was going to have any professional documentation of this very important event.  I asked about 6 different Jackson area photographers if they would be interested and only ended up with three options.  The first photographer to respond positively gave me no details and wanted to talk over the phone at my earliest convenience.  Fortunately, before it was convenient, I saw a horrible review from someone who had hired them for a wedding.  I never called.  My second option was a girl whose work I really liked, but, after attempting to convince her to lower her price by explaining that my allowing her to take pictures of my birth (her first ever birth photo shoot) I would be expanding her portfolio and helping her business, she decided the timing just wasn't right.  My last option is the one I have chosen, and so far, I'm very happy.  Her name is Amy Halstead and you can see her work on her Facebook page Different Perspectives here.  We meet on Thursday to finalize details and look over the contract.  I'm relieved to have that taken care of.  That's one thing off the Things-to-do-before-the-baby-comes list.  Now all I need to do is: buy a toddler bed, get Eden sleeping in it, get the names of people I want to invite to my shower to the hostess, attend my baby shower, make sure I have all the baby essentials I need, make a couple more things for Arielle, go to two hospital tours and decide which to birth at, and, well, probably a lot more... 
One thing down, umpteen to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just happened upon your blog somehow. :) I am a Mississippi Mama too. I followed your blog since we have a little in common. I love to sew, knit, and we also use cloth diapers! :) Blessings to you and the birth of your new bundle of joy!!

Amanda Jones said...

Amy Halstead did my maternity and Colby's newborn pics. They were great and she was really nice! She took his 6 month pics and lost the roll, that's when I started using Katie Stafford. I think you will like her though!

Just His Best said...

Oh I'm jealous! No luck here yet with a photographer! Maybe my shower should just consist of a money tree to help pay for it!!!