Monday, November 17, 2008

Reality Check

Have you been into a maternity clothing store where they have the strap-on belly in the dressing room? I've strapped on several in my time. (Sounds like I have more than one kid.) Anyway, last pregnancy, I loved putting that thing on to see how the clothes were going to look in three months or so. There are some that are just a round pillow with velcro straps and then there are fancy ones that are some sort of moulded plastic covered with fabric. The latter are the most authentic. But, I have to say that if they wanted to be really authentic they would provide you with a couple other things in the dressing room. There needs to be a strap-on butt and strap-on thighs too. You don't realize that those pants that still have plenty of room for your growing belly, but fit everywhere else, are gonna be too small everywhere else while they still fit your belly. At least that's my experience from the first time around. I'm actually trying to have a different experience this time as I continue to resist (most of the time) my cravings and make it to the gym at least a couple of times a week.
My first OB appointment is tomorrow, so I'll have my first official weigh in.... and ultrasound! I'll let you know how everything goes.

No comments: