Sunday, November 2, 2008

Life and Family

I'll be voting in a couple of days. I'm ashamed to say that I don't think I've ever voted in a presedential election. It's important every time, but this year feels particularly crucial. I've decided, for me, the issues to vote on are not taxes or the environment, but life and family. I am extremely aware, as a new life grows inside of me, of the horrible atrocity of abortion. I won't go on about it, but one candidate is not commited to protecting life and one is.
The family structure as God created it, male and female, is also at stake. If we allow the family unit to crumble, our nation will follow. The candidates are also very clear on their differences in this issue.
My vote is with life and family. God will have to take it from there because only He can direct the hearts of kings and leaders.

No comments: