Monday, November 10, 2008

Growth

My little kidney bean is supposed to have webbed toes and fingers now and can already bend his elbows and knees. Amazing! For being the size of a kidney bean, he sure is making my pants feel uncomfortably tight. I'm looking forward to maternity wear, so I really don't mind growing out of my regular pants. It's the tush that I would rather not grow. Belly, fine, tush, not so much. I think I'm just as excited about starting to actually look pregnant this time as I was the first go round.
I don't know if it's actually possible to feel a kidney bean-sized person move in your belly, but I swear I felt a tiny little bumpity in there this morning. I felt Eden inside me at 12 weeks, so maybe it's possible to feel this one at 8? And either that means I'm verrrrry sensitive to it, or he's going to be one heck of a kicker!
We're going to spend some time up at the lake house for the next couple of days. I think it will be a nice time of relaxation and reflection. This will probably be the last time we're at the lake house as a family of three. My time with Eden and my ability to give her all my attention has become very precious. I am very aware of the fleeting moments we have, just the two of us or just the three of us, just like I was aware of the time of just me and my husband growing shorter as my belly grew bigger the first time. It makes me a little sad, because it seems like it was so short, but, at the same time, the fact that I'm making these moments true memories makes them count more and I'll be able to look back and remember the treasure of our time with our only Eden.

No comments: