Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts And Feelings At 29 Weeks

I feel as though I've done 75 adductor squeezes.  Actually, it's not just the inside of my thighs that are sore, it's all around my hip sockets.  

Naps are amazing.  Sleep is incredible.  I had the best nap this afternoon and I felt rejuvenated to take on the rest of the day.  On the other hand, lying awake at midnight and thinking about how much you'd really like to be asleep is really awful.  I did that for a few hours last night.

As a very large-feeling pregnant woman who is extra aware of her curves, I'm enjoying watching a bio on Marilyn Monroe and just seeing her pictures and hearing the photographers remembering her stunning beauty.  She was not the ideal body of today.  Just nice to remember that popular body image changes through the years.  It's all so superficial and inconsistent.

I think I'm glad my hair is short.  It's easy.  I can still put it back, but it doesn't take that much time or effort to use my 1 inch curling iron to dress it up if I want to.  It dries faster.  I'm not having to strain to reach the long ends, when washing, drying or styling.  Good choice.

I am very much looking forward to my prenatal massage and manicure scheduled for next week!!  Oh wow.  I think a foot rub, or any kind of massage feels multiple times better while pregnant then at any other time.  Yep, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: