Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nesting

Here's some pics of the new crib in the girls' room.
(Eden was in time-out at the time of the picture taking.)

The original mini-crib, now moved to the opposite wall it began on, all ready for Arielle's arrival.

A close-up of the new crib bedding, complete with white chenille bumper and custom-made pink and white nursery rhyme toile crib sheet and pillow case with polka dot accent (same as the crib sheet on Arielle's crib). The future crib skirt will also be the polka dot fabric.

Eden's new full size crib. She now sleeps back under the window where she started.


I also framed our beautiful silhouette of Eden at 18 months. I ordered it from BlueClara's Etsy store for my mom's birthday and made sure to get a duplicate for us. I'm extremely pleased. The shop's proprietor was wonderful to work with and even did four different versions of the silhouette for me, with varying amounts of hair frizz/curls, until I was completely pleased.

We plan to get the same thing done for Arielle when she's 18 months old, so I wanted to go ahead and get two matching frames. Once I got the frames and decided where to put them, I realized it might look funny to hang just one so I had to figure out what to put in the second one in the meantime.


I decided to create my own fabric and paper monogram and I really like how it turned out. I copied the ever popular bird motif, using a couple of greeting cards I had with the colors I needed. I used some fabric I'd bought to make some burp cloths for a friend for the "U."

I didn't even realize that my little bird cut-outs compliment the little red-breasted blue bird on the hall piece. :)

3 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

I love the tree you painted..looks great!!

Sara said...

Thanks. I really like the one in your baby's room. I kinda wish I'd seen it first... I would have made mine with more branches.

Just His Best said...

AWESOME!!!!