Thursday, September 17, 2009

Doctor's Visit: 30 weeks

Another great visit!  Eden did really well again.  We used the umbrella stroller for the first time and that was actually a whole lot easier for me to maneuver in the small spaces of the office.  Our Aria stroller is compact, but there's no doubt the umbrella stroller is lighter and smaller. 
Once again, the entire time in the office from sign-in to walking out the door was about an hour.  The parking lot was packed and I had a mid-afternoon appointment instead of my usual morning appointment, so I was fully expecting a wait, but the OB waiting room was practically empty when we arrived.  Whew!  What a pleasant surprise.
I had an ultrasound scheduled to make up for the one I was supposed to have had at 26 weeks to check for the resolution of the low-lying placenta.  My parents and Chuck and I have all been agreeing together in prayer that it would no longer be low-lying so that there would be no concerns about me having a vaginal birth.  God came through for me!  He is so good... all the time!  My uterus has grown below the placenta and everything else about Arielle and her watery environment were perfect as well.  She's head down, heartbeat in the 150's, 3 lbs and something (in the 53rd percentile), all parts accounted for and no extras.
Here's her face.  She's on her side.  Her forehead is in the middle right, then eye sockets, nose, open mouth and chin.  


I wanted to ask two questions of my OB during my visit.  One about who I needed to call to request in-room care for Arielle right after birth and the other about any photography restrictions.  It's called transitional care when the nurses do whatever they need to with the baby for the first hour in your room instead of whisking her off to the nursery.  My OB had said it wasn't standard, but if I asked the right person, was persistent enough and nice enough, that I might be able to work it out.  I have not been looking forward to making that call, but I knew I needed to go ahead and try to get it out of the way.  When I asked my doctor who I should call, she said with the brand new labor and delivery wing they just added onto the hospital also came standard transitional care.  So everyone gets it now!  Praise the Lord again!  What a nice present to me.  A brand new facility to birth in and more of the kind of experience I want, standard.  :)  I know He didn't work all that out JUST for me, but He knew.  He knew I would be in Jackson and He knew where we would live and where I would birth my second child.  I don't think for a second that He didn't lead me to the best place for me, and Arielle.
Oh, and the restrictions on photography correspond with my level of comfort or discomfort.  So that's totally up to me.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

How exciting!!! Arielle is beautiful. Isn't it funny how we have to remind ourselves that God really is sovereign? :)