Friday, September 25, 2009

Belly Shot: 32 weeks


Arielle, you stay right where you are...

We all took an unexpected trip to the hospital this past Tuesday night because I was having regular painful (when I say painful, I mean there was pain that registered in my brain after about a half hour of feeling it. I'd say on a scale of 1 - 10 labor pain, it was, like, a 1 1/2) contractions. I called the doc and she said to take tylenol, drink water, take benadryl, take a warm bath, take a nap and then call back if nothing changed. That was at 4:30pm and at 7:30pm, nothing had changed.
We went in for them to monitor me and decide what needed to be done. The nurse checked me and discovered I was not dilated. I was well hydrated and didn't have any traces of a UTI. Diagnosis - Irritable Uterus, otherwise stated - random, pointless contractions not considered to be Braxton Hicks or Pre-term Labor. I was given two shots to relax my uterus and sent home after about three hours total.
Praise God Eden was so well behaved. She stayed in her stroller the whole time learning about soccer and football from Daddy. He did a really amazing job keeping her happy with explanations of plays and some snacks while being available to hold my hand every now and then too. For about the last half hour, he took her out of the stroller and laid her on the trundle he pulled out from the couch so she could rest. She laid there quietly and sucked those favorite two fingers until we were released.
Overall, not fun, but we're glad to know it wasn't pre-term labor.
We're actively trusting God to keep Arielle safe and to continue her development until it's completed and she's ready to meet us.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

ooh girl, so glad to know it's all okay. I had contractions last Monday night that went on for over three hours, but I could tell they weren't Braxton-Hicks or the "real thing" either. Every time I'd try to fall asleep they would wake me up so I was a bear on Tuesday, but all is well now. All this pre-labor activity is exhausting but will be SO worth it. I cannot wait to meet my Whitaker!