Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Personal Photographer

Yea for maternity pictures! My mom came to Jackson yesterday and brought her whole studio packed up in the back of her SUV. She came so we could take the third of four pictures in my dancing-as-i-progress-through-pregnancy set. Only one left! I can't wait to see all four of them side by side.
While she had her whole studio set up in my living room, I figured I should take advantage of it. I hadn't really planned on getting any pictures made of me at this stage, but I realized that this was about the time when I had most of my favorite pictures taken when I was preggo with Eden. I decided I shouldn't miss any opportunity to get a photo I might really love and I certainly didn't want to look back with regret later. This may be the last time I ever have a chance to get my photo taken when I'm 5 months pregnant.
We had a fun session, and, although many of the poses and outfits I had thought up and tried out in my room in my full-length mirror earlier in the day didn't seem to look quite how I envisioned them, we still managed to take some fun shots. (How DO models pull off some of the things they do? What feels cute or sassy to me ends up looking retarded on film...) As I've mentioned before, my photos while pregnant with Eden were more ethereal, serene and monochromatic. This time, I added some color, a prop or two, and plenty of variation in poses (hopefully... I haven't seen them all in a row to know that for sure.)
I still haven't made any type of album from my last pregnancy. I really need too. I can't wait to see the two finished albums side by side showing my awe-struck feelings with my first girl and my ready-or-not-we're-about-to-have- twice-the-fun! feelings with my second girl.
The last set of photos we do will be in early October. I'll have the last one in the set of four as well as some shots on location around Jackson with me and Chuck. So exciting! What a HUGE blessing it is to have the luxury of a personal photographer who is willing to try crazy things with me and keep on taking pictures until I see one I like. We're both pretty picky and our tastes can differ, but she treats me great and we make it happen.

No comments: