Saturday, July 25, 2009

Re-use

I'm finding so many uses for old t-shirts! Not so many uses, I guess... so many different ways to refashion them. That's what I really mean. I've found tutorials online for turning adult t-shirts into: a toddler dress, bloomers, a toddler skirt, toddler lounge pants, a belly band to either wear by itself or to convert regular jeans to maternity, and the list continues. My favorite idea so far has been the lounge pants/gauchos. I made a pair for Eden and they are really cute and they look REALLY comfy, like, where-do-I-find-a-t-shirt-big-enough-to-make-myself-a-pair? comfy.
The only other problem is that I don't really have that many t-shirts. I know lots of people (my husband included) seem to be t-shirt collectors. He has so many, he probably doesn't even remember what they all look like. I never really keep t-shirts from this event or that business. Actually, I usually just avoid getting them in the first place. I figure I can't look as frumpy if I limit my frumpy clothing choices. A fitted t-shirt with a cute design of some sort on it is just as comfy. Now I'm kind-of wishing I was a t-shirt pack rat so I could try out all these neat patterns for Eden and Arielle.
Maybe I can convince Chuck to give up a couple... Maybe?

3 comments:

gifton said...

Don't forget about yard sales! You can probably get t-shirts for like 25 cents a piece.

Unknown said...

I like Gifton's idea. :-)

Chuck

Sara said...

very true, and if Chuck's given his blessing... a yard-saling I might just go!