Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yea!!

Creative title huh?
That pretty much sums up my excitement over having 
                          CHOSEN A NAME!!  YEA!!
I didn't want to pressure Chuck, but, well, I wanted to name our new girl NOW.  So I gently pressured him.  Gentle pressure isn't as bad as deep-tissue-massage pressure, or when the doctor says, "Your going to feel some pressure now" pressure.  Right?  I knew we were really close to deciding, so last night I just gave him the gentle-pressure puppy dog eyes to ask if he'd decided anything yet.  
I can't really give a good reason over why I've been so anxious to name her.  The process hasn't really been as fun this time.  I just want to be able to have a name to call her while I talk to her in my belly, a name to begin explaining to Eden who is in my belly and a name to announce to family and friends.  Like I said, I don't really have a good reason.
Remember how we had two first name choices and two middle name choices?  Remember how there was the possibility to use the first name choices as middle name choices also?  Well, that's exactly what happened and, although I really had tried to hold on tightly to my middle name choice, I couldn't be happier with our collaborative name.  We chose to use one of my favorite names as the first name and his favorite name as the middle name.
I'm so glad it worked out that way.  It just felt right when he offered the suggestion last night.  I had thought of that combination before, but didn't want to clutter things by saying it out loud.  I think we both just KNEW, which is what I had prayed for.  It was like the name came out of his mouth and fluttered right down to my belly, lit and settled perfectly right there, like it was hers, like it belonged.
YEA!!

1 comment:

gifton said...

OK... LAME! You didn't tell us the name! All that reading for nothing... c'mon!