Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The TV Monster

I went from keeping Eden out of the living room if the TV was on, to allowing her in the room, but only because she wasn't really paying attention to the TV, to letting her watch a couple of 30 minute quality kids shows and then playing with her in her room, to not wanting to do anything else but lay on the couch and watch TV and not really caring that Eden's watching more TV now than ever. At least she's learning all sorts of decorating and fashion tips. Maybe she'll be an interior designer when she grows up, all because mom watched HGTV 5 hours a day with her. It's a little scary actually. I've decided that because it's only for a short time (until I get past this first few months of tired and ick), because she's not just sitting and watching, but playing in the same room, it's not programming that's teaching her bad behaviors or interactions, and because I'm just too tired to come up with other things for her to do right now, that I'm not going to stress over it.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I have to giggle because I have SO been there! My first child watched very little T.V until #2 was on the way. We watched Veggie Tales,Sumo of the Opera every morning for several months so that I could sleep a little longer! It happened again with #3 and you find once they are born you go, "What's one more show?" Hey, Sesame Street is an hour long! My children rarely watch T.V these days and love to read and create. It's a season...get some good ideas while you can. I love HGTV!

Sara said...

Thanks a lot for that.