Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Icky's

I am eating some crackers and cheese right now... very tentatively. I wouldn't say that I've been feeling sick, but I've been feeling right on the verge. I really have to think about when I eat and how much and what. I can't just look at the clock and see that it's lunch time and make the same turkey and cheese sandwich I've been making almost every day for a few years now. (Is that sad?) I have to open the fridge and look at the turkey and imagine the sandwich and see what my stomach indicates. Today, for example, my stomach told me it would prefer a smoothie. Another example would be this morning at bible study, there was all sorts of yummy breakfast food, but the savory bacon and sausage casserole-type things that I would usually like, just weren't appealing at all.
I'm also learning that I start to feel icky if I wait too long to put something in my stomach. Snacks seem to be key. Thus the crackers and cheese. I started feeling blech after my shower this afternoon and realized that it was probably because my stomach was empty.
We'll see what happens at dinner tonight. I'm headed out to a restaurant with the girls from MOPS. I just looked at the menu online and most everything turned my stomach. Normal stuff like burgers, steak and chicken. I think I'll probably end up with a salad, but that could all change when I walk into the restaurant.
Our bodies do some pretty crazy things when pregnant huh?

No comments: