Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Natural Birth

I was looking up some natural birth videos for my friend who wanted some inspiration and training by way of seeing successes. I realized as I watched that I needed some inspiration too. It was truly wonderful to be reminded of the sweetness of my first birth and it was good to be reminded of the pain while seeing women work through it to their wonderful reward. I wrote a free verse poem while in high school that comes to mind.

Reward

A gasp and a sigh of relief as a shrill cry is heard
The mother's painstaking efforts
Are rewarded by the baby in her arms.

One video in particular was my favorite and I'd like to share. It's pretty long and, unless you just love watching birth videos, you may not want to bother clicking. But if you love births, need some inspiration for your own or are interested in seeing a beautifully documented photo/video/scripture/music compilation of a Christian family's birth experience... then click here.

No comments: