Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Blessing of Sameness

This is my last evening with a baby that's not technically full term according to medical standards. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and so unbelievably blessed to have come this far. God is good. All the time.
Every OB appointment is pretty much a carbon copy of the last. I didn't post about my last one, which was last Wednesday and I had another today, which I almost forgot to post about. Basically, I go in (during the 8 o'clock hour, if possible... takes MUCH less time total), wait a few minutes to be told to go back to triage. Weight - gettin' on up there. Blood pressure - excellent. Urine sample - some proteins, but not rising in count. Wait for the doc a few minutes and sing or look at a magazine with Eden. Doc arrives, gushes about Eden, and asks how I feel. I feel big and pregnant and ready to have a baby. Heartbeat - in the 140's - 150's. Fundal height - right on track. Cervix check? No thank you.
See you next week. :)

No comments: