Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crazy Talk

So, I was lying in bed resting while Eden was in playpen time. It's been a particularly rough day. I've been in pain for most of the day from pressure Arielle is putting on me. In fact, both my girls were relentless. Arielle on my body and Eden on my sanity. Eden's been repeating words about 50 more times than usual. The whole day has been about watching TV ("PB") or eating ("befas?" "nuch?" "nack?" "ninnah?" "eat, eat, eat, eat..."). I'm just worn thin. My mind is going. Of course, where it goes is to labor.
As I lay thinking about each little twinge I felt and hoping it would turn into a contraction, I decided that I needed to shift my focus to my Creator. I began thanking Him for keeping Arielle safe and for keeping her growing strong and healthy inside me. You might remember, we thought she might come early. I reminded myself that complaining about her still being in there when I'm not even 40 weeks is pretty ridiculous. After all, there are plenty of moms who have had premature babies who would love to be ...
Is that a contraction? It feels like a contraction. My belly's kinda tight.
Come on uterus. Is that all you got!? That little bitty, tiny, miniscule stretchy feeling is the best you can muster!? Get real. I can take it. Give it to me. Give it to me!

sigh

Thank you God that you made my body for this job and for your perfect timing. Thank you for your omniscience in this circumstance. Help me to trust You and remember that you know ALL the circumstances surrounding Arielle's birth. You know about the things I can't possibly know. I want Your best....

Was that another attempt at a contraction? No, no, no, please keep going. Please? I'll relax. Look. I'm not getting excited. You can keep going. Really. Give me a good one. Nice and strong. I'll handle it like a champ. Try me!

sigh

Man. I can't stand this teasing. What's Eden yelling about? Wait. (Thump, thump, thump, thump) Ugh! She climbed out of the playpen! Now I've got to get up and put her back.

Stay in your playpen until playpen time is over, please.

sigh

Now, where was I...

Yes folks. That is how it went. From frustration with my daughter, to thanking God, to taunting my uterus, to refocusing on God, to begging my uterus to frustration with my daughter. It all ended with me going through almost the entire routine again and realizing that I had been listening to her repeat the word "wait" for about ten minutes straight. She was telling herself she had to wait to get out of playpen time. Guess who else has to wait...

3 comments:

Just His Best said...

What a great post!!! Those last weeks are killer. Feel free to call and vent any time... :)

Sara said...

:)

Just His Best said...

By the way, what's the plan after 40 weeks?