Monday, May 11, 2009

Thoughts on Baring Bellies

It's swimsuit season. The trend of the year seems to be white... which I could NOT pull off, and 40's inspired suits, which I really like. I know no less that six couples that were at the beach last week on vacation. I saw some pics of a couple mommies in swimsuits and it made me think about this mommy getting into one...
Now that I have a bit of a pooch, my belly button looks normal again. When my stomach was flat (not FLAT flat, but relative to what it is now) the skin around my belly button looked all shriveled like a raisin. I don't have stretch marks, but I do have a shriveled belly button. No more bikinis for me. I suppose I could wear a bikini right this second, because I have enough of a bump to look pregnant, a belly button that I'm not ashamed of, and not too much extra weight on my backside yet. After this month though, I'm probably going to be sayin' buh bye to bikinis forever. I think even if I somehow managed to get a six-pack in a few years, I would still dislike my wrinkly skin. Maybe I can have a mini-tuck, just for my belly button.... they could cut out the skin that has the hole in it from my piercing too, since I won't be using that anymore.

No comments: