Monday, May 24, 2010

Personal time

Eden loves the rain. She wanted to go out in it this afternoon during the storm.
"Put shoes on go outside see the rain?"
I didn't have access to a pair of shoes for myself because the baby was sleeping in our room and I also expected her to awaken any minute and didn't want to have to mess with a very wet two-year-old and a crying, hungry baby at the same time. All that to prove I wasn't just being a crumudgeon for telling her, "no." Or maybe you still think I should have let her go. Oh well.
She quickly changed the subject and said she wanted to sit on the potty. I asked her if she might like to sit on the potty and "see the rain." And she said she would.




Unfortunately, the tinkling of the rain did not encourage some tinkling in the potty.

S

3 comments:

Ashley said...

cute!!

Adair said...

Oh how very adorable. What a dreamer she is.

PS- I'm so glad you were touched by my sisters and me. I have no doubt that Eden and Arielle will be the best of friends too! They won't even be able to help themselves.

Amy S. Norris said...

i love the lighting in these pics. :)