Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Arielle - 5 months and sleeping

I think we've finally broken through. I write this wondering if I should knock on wood, throw salt over my shoulder and wear something green (it might help) to be sure I'm not jinxing things.
Arielle has been sleeping from about 8 pm to 6 am without waking us in the middle of the night. I don't know if she wakes up or not, but she's not crying loudly if she is waking up.
It's only been three or four nights and she has had a three night spell in the past where she slept though the night and then stopped again... but I feel like this is really for real this time.
I still don't like getting up before 7 am (really, before 8 am) but having to get up in the middle of the night for the last 5 months, give or take, has made me appreciate the opportunity to sleep from 10:30 pm to 6 am straight.
I am glad for coffee, though...
and a coffee maker...
and a microwave to reheat the coffee because I get distracted with my babies before I can drink it all.

2 comments:

Adair said...

Oh congratulations! I so love reading your updates. Glad to see that your family is doing well.

Love, Adair

Amanda Jones said...

Oh Happy Day!! I can so relate to reheating the coffee or even getting some since Colby tries to drink it!

I know what your thinking right now...Lordy that's one boy that doesn't need coffee LOL!!

So sorry about the four-wheeler incident....we are still discussing it!