Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Heard at our House

Eden talks all the time.

I'm not exaggerating.

When she's not asking questions, she's just talking about her surroundings.  When she's not doing either of those, she's talking to Arielle or "reading" a book out loud.  When she's not doing any of those things, this is what she does.

This was after she had finished her lunch and was drinking some water.  Arielle was playing by herself and I was checking my mail.
I hear her creating a story/dialogue with herself.  And, trust me, it was much much longer, I just didn't start trying to transcribe it until the end.
There are some randomly inserted nonsense words when she couldn't think of any English words to say at that second
and it should be read without pauses.
I hesitate to add punctuation because it sure didn't sound like it had any.

"She said, 'I wanna cookie.'  Momma said, 'Sure you wanna cookie a shush?'  She said 'No, no, nonono no messes, messes. That right. Momma said no messes in here.'
And the dialogue stops. but the talking continues...
"Round, round she was going to the carnibal. Round to a rush too.
Now singing:
"run away, run away, run away."
 Talking:
"Look.  here's a booger shasass.  It hurt me.  Drink, drink. Uh oh, we're drinking closer away."
 Random noises made with lips and mouth...


Chuck says schizophrenics must have two-year-old brain patterns.  I would be inclined to agree.

What I wonder is...
When I am giving her a big, important, serious talk about something or other that she has done or sharing or being kind... is that what is going on in her head the whole time?
I bet so.
arg.


Newsflash!  After Eden woke up from her nap and was eating snack, she started to do the same thing again, but informed me that the bunny rabbits on her shirt were talking to each other.  Makes much more sense now.

No comments: