Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prayer and Planning



There he is, my little lentil bean with a heart the size of a poppy seed. According to my weekly emails, these next couple of weeks are crucial to the major organ development in my little june bug. If you think of saying a prayer for him, I'm sure he would appreciate it. Eden and I are still praying for him every morning. I kinda want her first word to be "amen." Wouldn't that be cool?! I keep trying to get her to say it, but no success yet.

I'm already planning for cloth diapering the new addition. I've been busy on Diaper Swappers trading diapers I don't use for gender neutral useful ones and selling some to buy newborn sizes. We borrowed all our newborn diapers for Eden, but that turns out to be really great, because, not only did we not have to spend the money the first time around, but now I know exactly what brand I like. There are dozens out there and everyone has their favorite so I would have been aimlessly buying a few here and a few there. It's definitely hit or miss with cloth diapering, but once you've hit upon what you like to use... man, it saves a truckload of money! This time it's not nearly as painful to think about spending $25 on 7 used, re-usable cloth diapers (which is a DEAL, by the way... got that adrenaline rush again) because I know I'd be spending that much at Target on sposies in a few weeks time.

One diaper I traded, I thought I was trading for a gender neutral diaper. It was baby blue with large polkadots and pictures of various dog breeds. I got it in the mail yesterday and I love it. It fits Eden perfectly with room to grow, but those large polkadots... they're pink. Great for Eden. Not so great for the baby boy. He'll be man enough for pink polkadots, right? Even though I'm trading for all these neutral prints and colors, I'm sure if it is a boy, that I will want to get some unmistakeably boyish patterns too. That's the whole reason for me to find out the sex (and to have a name), so that I can plan NON-gender neutral clothing an accessories. This is probably the last one, folks. If it's a boy, I'm doin' it ALL boy.

Except that he's gonna have to stay in his sister's room. Oh well.

No comments: