Monday, September 13, 2010

Tickle Monster

Eden did something today or said something... I don't even remember what, that irked me... more than irked me... made me steamed.  I mean really steamed.  And in the moment of wanting to throw something or kick something, I decided to attack her.  I let out a Mama bear roar and then...
I attacked her viciously with tickling.  I tickled her and tickled her.  I took pleasure in seeing her crumple helplessly to the ground, incapable of giving me any impish looks, defiant stares or devilish grins.  Incapable of anything but uncontrollable twitching, snorting and writhing.
Then I stopped, my desire to maul something sated.

Later today, I got that "look" on my face because I was getting to be an unhappy camper again.  She was doing something or saying something that was getting on that same last nerve.
She recognized the look and asked:

"Mommy, you going to tickle me now?"

No comments: