Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh boy. . .

This is going to be harder than I thought.

On a typical day, Eden takes all her toys and strews them around her room.  I was ready for that.  It takes all of 1 minute to throw them all back in the bottom drawer of her dresser.
Today, the first day our house is on the market, she takes 3/4 of the wipes from the last package of wipes left in the house and wads them up on a shelf. I probably would have left the wadded up wipes there not realizing I needed to look for them except that she brought one to me to show me.  Can you imaging the buyers coming through the house and seeing a wad of wipes?  Even though they were clean, one wouldn't generally assume so.  ew!

I am suddenly more than extremely aware of how much Eden undoes the tidying I try to do.  I put the toys (these are toys she rarely touches) back in the bin in our room.  I leave for two minutes to put some clothes in the laundry, only to return and find toys out of the bin and on the floor.

I drape her blanket sweetly over her crib and set her teddy bear beside her pillow.  Typically, she plays with the two dolls and three blankets we keep out in the living room.  I return to her room minutes later to put away some clothes.  The blanket is on the floor (RIGHT NEXT TO THE CRIB which means she just pulled it down and walked away!) and the teddy bear has been dug out through the slats.  Sigh.  The pillow that usually stays on her rocking chair is on the floor to boot.

New strategies needed.

1 comment:

Adair said...

Oh my goodness, too funny. Good luck with that!

(And sorry, I know it's really NOT funny.)